Sunday, August 5, 2007

Its been such a long time since I have written, I guess its because so much has been going on in the past period, I just cant bring myself to write , I feel so discouraged, so broken, and above all so sad , things here in Baghdad at this time are not getting better ,on the contrary they are getting worse !!!! when is this going to be over ? when will we live like normal human beings ? I find myself asking the same question day in and day out,
I try to find some good things here in Baghdad but I just cant, even if there are some exceptions, there is always something that will ruin it for me, like a kidnapped relative, or a sick family member that cant find the proper medical treatment ….and so on …..How ever hard I try, there is always something that will bring me down!!!
The Iraqi government members are in the middle of their disputes not caring about the Iraqi people! And the parliament members are on a summer vacation! Can you believe that? They can take a vacation when the country's conditions are like this, the Iraqi people are dying, services are so bad ,no water, no electricity in most parts of the country . I guess all we can do is hope that a change will happen soon

4 comments:

A&Eiraqi said...

Dear Iraqiya
I hope so, but what change are we looking for?

Be safe

iraqiya said...

بغداد انتي الامل بغداد انتي الحيل لازم يجيلج صبح مهما يطول الليل
is`nt this what you say , so I guess all we can do is hope.

Tom - ex RA said...

Many in the U.S. government say our military must leave Iraq soon, even if genocide follows, and the horrors get worse.

Many others say that we broke Iraq, and we must fix it - that it is our moral responsibility to do so.

I don't think the U.S. military will be allowed to hold the dogs at bay for too much longer - another year at most, maybe.

The Iraqi leaders / politians must find a way to come together to succeed at forming a viable country (as your soccer team was able to do on the field).

I feel so sad for the citizens of Iraq, people like you. I once thought that "fighting terrorists over there, so we don't have to fight them over here" was a good thing. I now see that's not a good thing for most of the Iraqi people.

Hold on to hope, as things may still come together and improve.

Best of luck for your future.

Rach said...

I can't begin to imagine how terrible life must be for, what with all the things you've mentioned.

I sincerely hope and pray that the US and UK governments see sense and retreat from Iraq, nothing good seems to be coming from our presence.

I wish there was something I could do to help and make a positive difference. You are in my thoughts ad prayers.